Sunday, February 10, 2013

Scarf Organizer from Wall Votive Holder

If you're like me you own many scarves to keep warm during the fall and winter seasons. Problem is where to put them when they're not in use that makes them easy to find and wrinkle free. You've seen the "Scarf Hangers" just about everywhere, even DIY ones with people tying ribbon around circles, then to a hanger to complete the look. While this is perfectly fine and serves the purposes one would need for all their scarves, I really never was fond of that method/product. One reason I don't care for it is because it hangs on the bar in your closet with all your clothes or jackets, therefore it's sideways. So, automatically you have to pull it out to see all the scarves you have, pick out your scarf, then place the hanger back. Another reason why I don't like it is that scarves create bulk which means you'll have bulk in your closet. Lastly, it doesn't matter who is selling or making it, I think the design is ugly!


So when I decided to stop rolling my scarves in drawers and finally hang them up, I was determined to come up with a cheap -yet appealing- way of organizing my lovelies. First thing I did was hit the Goodwill for a cheap find! What I found was a votive candle holder made out of iron that hangs from the wall for only $6.99!


The hoops made for candles is perfect for scarves!





















 
It didn't come with the glass that the candles would be placed in, which is why I think it was much cheaper, but if you find one that does just take them out and upcycle into something else in your home.
 
Just hang the votive holder where you'd like your scarves to hang like the wall in your closet or hall closet, entryway, bathroom, etc (I chose in my bathroom on an empty lifeless wall). The nice thing about this design is it is a prettier way to display your scarves.

Hang your scarves however you feel hangs best and you're done!
I organized mine with 1-2 scarves/ring by color. To keep from the scarves hanging too long (gotta keep things that dangle away from my cat!), I folded them in half and looped through the rings.

Enjoy yourself some wall art made with your displayed scarves!

No comments:

Post a Comment